Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New new camera

Last month we bought a new camera because the screen on the Elph had gotten cracked. I have no idea how. Not that I can't imagine how, but I don't know how to choose among the myriad possibilities. I sat on it? I dropped it? Chris dropped it? Chris stepped on it? It got crushed in the diaper bag? ...

It was a good little camera, but we replaced it with a Nikon Coolpix instead of another Canon. I'm not really sure why, I think it had to do with price. In an apparent effort to solve the broken Canon mystery via re-enactment, I sat down in the hall with the new phone in my back pocket. Fortunately, we paid extra for the klutz coverage. Three weeks later, Best Buy calls to say they can't fix it and we can come pick out a new one.

I can now go back to filly Mandy's hard drive with hi-res photos of Chris doing nothing. Like this one, which I took only to try out the new-new camera:

dandelion and cherios

As a bonus, I found pictures of wild turkeys on the memory card from the broken Nikon. Christopher spotted them in the street out front and I pointed the broken camera at them and took a bunch of shots. Without a viewfinder and half a screen, I was relying on volume to get me a good picture. I didn't succeed until they were at the bottom of the hill.

wild turkeys

wild turkeys

No comments: