Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where is Alex?

I had Alex today for lunch and his nap time. He played by himself nicely while I made a mess of preparing grilled cheese and reheated soup. Since he was being so good, I let him know that if he could keep playing by himself after lunch, he wouldn't have to nap right away. He usually goes down right after lunch.

When we had finished eating, I sent him off to play while I cleaned up the kitchen. I had inexplicably made a mess out of that simple meal and it took a good 10 to 15 minutes to get everything in order. Once the dishwasher was going, I went to check on Alex (who I hadn't heard a peep from) and then get to work. There was no sign of him in the living room or anywhere on the first floor. Upstairs was just as silent and the playroom was empty.

I found him in his bed, under the covers, with his pacifier and giraffe. He smiled at me; I closed the shades, kissed his forehead, and shut the door.

No comments: